A Social Media Campaign to Highlight Ottawa's Welcoming Spirit!
- To affirm Ottawa’s status as a welcoming community
- To inspire others to keep going, or to get engaged
- To remind ourselves — and the world — that words matter
Be part of the conversation.
- Share your story of welcome on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- Use photos, but only if you have permission.
- Or share your story of being welcomed!
- Use the hashtag #ShowYourWelcome so we see your post and share it. Other hashtags include: #Ottawa #WithRefugees #WOW18
Your posts can be short and simple or more detailed — it’s up to you.
“My neighbours and I are sponsoring a #refugee family from Eritrea. The experience brought us closer together, and taught us a lot about strength and courage. #ShowYourWelcome”
“At my workplace, we raised money to send newcomer teenagers to an arts camp. #ShowYourWelcome”
“Why did my school raise money for Syrian refugees? Because it was our way of showing them they belong. #ShowYourWelcome”
Share other #ShowYourWelcome content and make the circle wider.
Tell your friends and colleagues!
We look forward to showing the world what our community has achieved and how much — let’s celebrate Ottawa’s welcoming spirit!